Jerry O’Leary MA, MT-BC brings years of musical performance experience as a guitarist, vocalist, theatrical performer/director and music therapist to create the Delaware Valley’s premiere music therapy service known as MusicWorks.
After receiving his Master’s degree from Immaculata University, Jerry began providing individual music therapy services at Settlement Music School in Philadelphia. For two years, he directed the Music Therapy Department at Archway Programs of Atco, New Jersey. In early 2002, Jerry began working with Delaware County seniors through the COSA Waiver program. In 2004, MusicWorks expanded into servicing children, teens, and young adults through small group music therapy sessions in Delaware County. These experiences set the groundwork for a unique music therapy service for both the young and the old, MusicWorks.
Jerry’s clients face the challenges of autism spectrum disorders, ADD, ADHD, Alzheimer’s disease, cerebral palsy, dementia, developmental disabilities, Down syndrome, depression, isolation and other acute medical conditions.
He spent 12 years working as an original composer and Technical Director of the Theatre Department at Rosemont College while pursuing other diversified musical interests. Jerry O’Leary has performed in the Irish singing duo known as Scanlin & O’Leary, producing three albums while performing at area festivals, concerts, private gatherings, and local pubs.
Jerry is a personable, empathetic and compassionate therapist. He establishes an easy rapport with his clients and their families, and has helped many cope successfully with medical and psychiatric challenges. Jerry looks for little miracles and truly believes that Music Works Wonders.
- Overbrook School for the Blind
- Child Guidance Resource Centers
- Presbyterian Children’s Village
- Haverford Township Free Library
- Camp Pals
- Archway Programs
- Settlement Music School
- County Office of Services for the Aging (Delaware County)
- Aging and Adult Services (Montgomery County)
- Department of Aging Services (Chester County)
- Society of the Holy Child Jesus Infirmary at New Sharon
- Upper Darby Senior Center
- LIFE at New Courtland
- Immaculata University
- Temple University
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- The Cancer Support Community of Philadelphia (formerly The Wellness Community of Philadelphia)
- Musicians on Call – Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia