MusicWorks provides music therapy services to restore, improve and maintain the quality of life of all individuals throughout the Delaware Valley who are challenged by autism, special needs, illness or aging.
MusicWorks was established in 2002 to provide music therapy services to individuals of all ages. Here is a list of significant milestones:
- 2002 Jerry and Lori O’Leary founded MusicWorks.
- 2002 MusicWorks provides in-home services to PDA Waiver Seniors.
- 2004 First small group music therapy sessions begin in a Havertown community center.
- 2006 MusicWorks facilitates its first school-based group session.
- 2009 MusicWorks serves its first clients under Medical Assistance.
- 2009 MusicWorks opens additional small group music therapy sites in Swarthmore, Media and Wayne, PA.
- 2009 MusicWorks begins training practicum students from music therapy programs at Immaculata University and Temple University.
- 2010 MusicWorks receives the Star of Excellence Award for the Most Innovative Children’s Program from the Delaware County Office of Behavioral Health and Magellan Behavioral Health.
- 2011 MusicWorks consolidates sites to open our FIRST music therapy treatment center in Havertown.
- 2012 MusicWorks becomes an in-network provider with Magellan Behavioral Health.
- 2017 MusicWorks begins a pilot music therapy program with Community Behavioral Health.
- 2017 MusicWorks expands to service Montgomery and Bucks counties by opening the SECOND music therapy treatment center in Hatboro.
- 2019 MusicWorks secures its first EITC contributions for school-based programs.
- 2020 MusicWorks began providing TeleHealth Music Therapy services during COVID-19.